Re: Will PHP ever "grow up" and have threading?

hmm i use scripted languages because i prefer and they allow/force
simple-to-read-code.

but that does not mean a scripted language can't evolve to expose
"complicated" code constructs like multi-threading and daemon-building
in a simple manner too.

i'd prefer it if a language like PHP can be used for other things
besides webserving too.
i also think at least some web-apps could benefit from multi-threading
and daemon-building.. particularly web-apps that deal with real-time
dataflows.

and btw, the distinction between compiled and scripted is not a hard
one anymore eh.. not with zend and that facebook php-compiler out
there.