Re: where to make observations about current PHP manual?

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Daniel Brown wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 16:59, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >  i don't see a separate mailing list for documentation so is this
> > where i would point at oddities in the manual?  as in, here:
> >
> > http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.variables.external.php
> >
> > we read:
> >
> > "// Unavailable since PHP 6."
> >
> > that just looks weird, no?
>
>     Indeed.  It would probably be better to read, "Unavailable as of
> PHP 6."  I'll patch that in the XML sources now, and the next time
> the manual rebuilds, the changes will take effect.

  precisely the point i was trying to make, but i might avoid the use
of the word "unavailable" since that's still slightly ambiguous.  it
makes it seem like it's still there somehow, you just can't get to it.
i would be more direct, something like "*removed* as of PHP 6."  then
there's no confusion.

>     For the future, please report such things as Documentation
> Problems at http://bugs.php.net/.

  ok, will do.

rday