Re: Robust PDF editing on the fly

On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 16:32 -0600, Donovan Brooke wrote:

> Hello!,
>
> Longtime member, rare poster here.
>
> I am browsing around right now regarding the subject line, and have
> looked at the HTML_toPDF project
>
> http://www.rustyparts.com/pdf.php
>
> that also includes a PDFEncryptor
> system in it.. but I thought I'd post to the list to see
> if anyone has any recommendations or comments.
>
> I'm particularly looking at editing some of the more advanced
> security features of PDF (if possible) on-the-fly.. things such as
> limiting printing, encryption etc..
>
> I am building some basic epub sale/distrobution/DRM
> features for a client.
>
> TIA for any comments!
>
> Donovan
>

> --
> D Brooke

I don't think PHP really has anything good for higher level editing of
PDF's. Simple stuff only really. You could maybe look at doing some
command line stuff on a system using a later version of OpenOffice which
has just now got some very good PDF editing features.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk