Re: Creating an Entire .html page with PHP

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:23:05 -0500, paulf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Paul M Foster) wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 08:17:34AM +1100, clancy_1@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> at all -- until you
>> >
>> >whenever i write an opening tag, i immediately write the closing tag
>> >next, then cursor back to fill it in.
>>
>> Not so easy when you are using PHP to generate a complex layout!
>
>Use heredocs to do it. Then you can generate the layout in PHP and still
>do what dealtek@xxxxxxxxx said.

I don't think heredocs is relevant. The original writer wanted to save the HTML output of
a working page to a file, whereas (I think!) heredocs are involved with getting messy
stuff into PHP.

I still think that simply capturing the page from the browser is the simplest solution for
the original question, but if you want a more elegant one see:

http://codeutopia.net/blog/2007/10/03/how-to-easily-redirect-php-output-to-a-file/

The writer appears to know what he's talking about, and I am pleased to have found this,
as I have often wanted to to redirect PHP output to a file.