Re: Creating an Entire .html page with PHP

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 16:23 -0500, Paul M Foster wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 08:17:34AM +1100, clancy_1@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > at all -- until you
> > >
> > >whenever i write an opening tag, i immediately write the closing tag
> > >next, then cursor back to fill it in.
> >
> > Not so easy when you are using PHP to generate a complex layout!
>
> Use heredocs to do it. Then you can generate the layout in PHP and still
> do what dealtek@xxxxxxxxx said.
>
> Paul
>
> --
> Paul M. Foster

Not really always. I often use fairly complex code to handle output of
content into tables where the number of columns varies on the content.
Cases like this are not something you can tackle with heredoc or nowdoc,
and don't allow you to just create the opening and closing tags and
build the PHP around them. Sometimes you just have to use your smarts a
bit :p

Of course, I do find that proper code indentation is of the absolute
importance, and running the output through a validator helps!

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk