Re: Foreign Characters Break in MySQL

At 4:18 PM +0000 1/22/10, Ashley Sheridan wrote:

You'd be surprised how many people still use a dumb browser!

Thankfully though, it seems that people are wising up a bit more, as
these stats from a media website show:

Safari 4		2624
Firefox 3.5		1320
Firefox 3		690
IE 8			501
IE 6			465
IE 7			417
Safari 3.2		171
Firefox 2		151
Mozilla 1.9		109
Unknown 0		56
Safari 3.1		53
Chrome 3		34
Safari 3		19
Google Webmaster Tools 0 7
Flock 2		5
Opera 10		1

This is a media-based website, which would explain the large use of
browsers available for the Mac, but I still take it as a good sign.

Thanks,
Ash

Ash:

As you know, stats really depend upon the site tested. I have one site where over 99 percent of the visitors are Mac users (over 120 unique visitors each day).

The following link I think provides more typical browser selection stats.

Fortunately IE6 is on the way out (good riddance) and other IE's are losing ground (Woo Hoo!).

More browser developers are trying to adhere to standards rather than fighting them like M$ does. As I see it, it always takes M$ a little more time to learn anything worthwhile.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------