Re: How do I remove unused GET parameters from the URL?

Daevid Vincent wrote:
*snip*
The problem as I see it, is that this "magic" happens when the user hits
"Submit", so not sure PHP has any way to intercept at that point.
Javascript might be able to do something on the "onClick" event or
"onSubmit" I suspect. But this seems like something that someone should
have solved before and common enough that I would think Apache could handle
it transparently with a directive or module enabled so I don't have to code
some hack on every page.
I guess I could always redirect to some 'scrubber' page that strips them
out and redirects on to the refering page again, but that seems klunky.
BTW, I want to use GET so that the page can be bookmarked for future
searches of the same data (or modified easily with different dates, etc.),
so that's why I don't use POST.

JavaScript is the only client side way I know of.
Use document.getelementbyid() and yank the unused nodes before submit.

server side, redirect - it shouldn't be that clunky.
Put in a hidden input that tells your action script to redirect to itself without the unused get variables (and w/o the hidden input).

That's how I would do it personally (opposed to js).