Fwd: trying to launch kate from the browser....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rene Veerman <rene7705@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:58 PM
Subject: Re:  trying to launch kate from the browser....
To: ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yep, i also just thought of using ssh/ftp to remotely edit files.
I can probably configure any web-browser to open certain links with any
local program.

But for now, i'd just like to consider the case where the browser is on the
same machine as the webserver.
In that case, you should (imo) be able to use exec() called with ajax from
the browser to startup apps on that machine.