Re: trying to launch kate from the browser....

On 8 Jan 2010, at 12:48, Rene Veerman wrote:

> Thanks for the reply..
>
> I only need this to work locally on the web-server for now..
>
> So i'm calling a script through ajax routines, which would do the exec().
> Since it's on the local webserver, that should work, right?

No. When the web server runs a PHP script it has no access to the terminal of the logged in user. What you are trying to do is certainly possible but won't be easy. An easier way to do it would be to write an app and register a URL scheme to open with that app (whatever://localhost/filename). That app can then do whatever you need it to with the URL which it will get passed as an argument.

-Stuart

--
http://stut.net/