RE: Backup to local drive

At 3:04 PM -0700 12/11/09, Ben Miller wrote:
That's exactly why I need something that will put all the needed files directly onto the flash drive - to take that responsibility away from the user. Pulling the data from the DB and creating the folder structure is easy with PHP - just not sure how to copy that folder structure and related files to the flash drive without the user having to know much of anything about computers. Was hoping there is maybe a PHP extension that I didn't know about, but sounds like a client side is going to be my best bet.

What you describe is an application that would run client-side. PHP will not be able to help you, nor will javascript for neither have that capability.

If the problem were mine, I would use Java to do this.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------