RE: Backup to local drive

That’s exactly why I need something that will put all the needed files directly onto the flash drive – to take that responsibility away from the user.  Pulling the data from the DB and creating the folder structure is easy with PHP – just not sure how to copy that folder structure and related files to the flash drive without the user having to know much of anything about computers.  Was hoping there is maybe a PHP extension that I didn’t know about, but sounds like a client side is going to be my best bet.

From: Ashley Sheridan [mailto:ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 2:39 PM
To: Ben Miller
Cc: 'Roberto'; php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  Backup to local drive

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 14:36 -0700, Ben Miller wrote:

Too much reliance on the user knowing how to extract the files to the flash drive – need something that does it all for them so all they have to do is insert the flash drive on their own computer to store the preformatted presentation and then insert into a prospect’s computer and either a) (preferred) run the presentation via an autoplay command or b) open the presentation.html file.

Ben