Re: Compatiabilty issues

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 10:27 +0100, Julian Muscat Doublesin wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am having trouble with the mod_rewrite. This is not working on windows
> 64bit. I am also having trouble with the directory password protection.
> However thse bot work perfectly on my UNIX Mac.
>
> From my experince I can see that this is due to file system compatibility.
> Can anyone confirm this. You would be of greate help as I am going through
> HELL right now. Can any suggest the best Unix or Linx OS for hosting phph
> websites and MySQL.
>
> Thank you very much in advanace.

By any chance, are you using IIS on your Windows machine?

Pretty much most hosting companies offer Linux web-hosting. My advice
would be to try and use a company based in the same country as you are,
because it's nice to be able to contact them during your hours when
something goes wrong. And be ready to accept that things may go wrong at
some point.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk