Compatiabilty issues

Hello Everyone,

I am having trouble with the mod_rewrite. This is not working on windows
64bit. I am also having trouble with the directory password protection.
However thse bot work perfectly on my UNIX Mac.

>From my experince I can see that this is due to file system compatibility.
Can anyone confirm this. You would be of greate help as I am going through
HELL right now. Can any suggest the best Unix or Linx OS for hosting phph
websites and MySQL.

Thank you very much in advanace.