Re: How to create a web application like igoogle?

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 23:15 +0330, Ali Asghar Toraby Parizy wrote:

> Hi
> How can i create a web page that include some gadgets? what kind of
> technology do i have to use to creating web pages like igoogle and gmail?
> How can i create them by php?

Wow!

Well, first what is it you want to do? Make another iGoogle or Gmail, as
they are both pretty different beasts. One is a page of 'gadgets' as you
call them, the other is a web-based email application.

I'm guessing from your post that PHP is new to you. First then, I guess
you need to decide on where are you getting the gadget parts from? If
you can find things online that you can embed as Flash apps or iframes,
then you probably won't need PHP at all. If you are planning on building
them yourself, then you really will need to learn PHP. There is no magic
solution to this question I'm afraid, and the scope of it is pretty
huge, so you need to think about the parts that make it up and tackle
each one.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk