Re: tracking forwarded emails using PHP

Hello,

on 11/18/2009 06:32 AM Angelo Zanetti said the following:
> 1. When an email is opened. I think this can be done with an img tag where
> the src is a php script. We can then track when that script is called and
> from whom.
>
> 2. Track if the email was forwarded, not sure how this is done but it should
> be possible any ideas?
>
> I basically need advice on the second point and to know that the first point
> I am heading in the correct direction.

I think iy would be more objective if you would tell why you need those
things because there may be different solution than what you think is
the way to go.

In this slide presentation there are solutions for things that what you
ask may be used but there are other solutions.

For instance slide 18 talks about solutions to know when a message was
received. Slide 17 talks about handling received messages.

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/video/3/package/9.html

Other slides talk about solutions to other common problems. What exactly
do you want to solve?

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos