Re: is Aptana taking a crap on the face of PHP?

> * It is FREE (unlike Zend's retarded $500 price tag).

I bought Zend Studio back in the 5.5 days - a couple of months after that they announced they were dropping support for the standalone IDE and made Studio an Eclipse plugin.  It was then they added about $200 to the price.

I moved to NuSphere PhpEd and was happy with that for a couple of years, now I'm on a Mac and haven't been able to find a decent IDE for either PHP or C++.

Apple's Xcode seems to do the job for C++ (although better code completion wouldn't go a miss) but it fails miserably with PHP.  Komodo was great for PHP but quite often it kept failing to load my class definitions for the code completion (and kept my processor sat at 25% use the whole time it was running.)

I thought NetBeans was Java-only (and proprietary) but evidently it's come a long way since I last looked at it - I'm just downloading it now to see if it will handle both PHP and C++.