Re: Re: What PHP version are you using?

Israel Ekpo wrote:
That is not good.
5.1.6 was released in August 2006.
More than 3 years ago. There are a lot of bug fixes since then
http://www.php.net/ChangeLog-5.php
It looks like the php libraries are not maintained in CentOS and Red Hat
Repositories.

I posted the current RHEL version because, personally, I would look at the latest release of one of the biggest Enterprise class Linux vendors before deciding on a PHP version.

The larger distros only tend to upgrade packages when required because other packages need them or when a security issues has been discovered.
Other times they will patch in security fixes applied to packages.
The tradeoff here is that you get something older but the system you receive is solid.

I run ARCH Linux on my home system because I like to test the latest releases BUT I want stable software on my servers.

--
John
They hurt you at home and they hit you at school,