Re: ... stop header("Location...) from working? [SOLVED]

At 7:31 PM -0400 10/27/09, tedd wrote:
Hi gang:

I just had a script stop following this statement:

   header("Location:users.php");

It *was* working, but now instead of running "users.php", it defaults to the parent script.

When I place exit() after it, such as:

   header("Location:users.php");
   exit();

The script simply exits. It does not continue to users.php -- BUT -- it did.

What would stop this statement from working?

Thanks,

tedd

To all:

Okay, I found the problem.

The directory that contained the above script had a .htaccess file that required authorization before running any script in that directory -- and -- that authorization script had a trailing space.

As it turned out, there was nothing wrong with the script I was working on and thus my confusion as to why it stopped working. It simply stopped working because the authorization script in the directory had been changed.

Many thanks to all who contributed.

Cheers,

tedd

--