Re: Re: Converting tables into forms

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 21:07 -0700, benc11@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I am trying to take MySQL tables and use the table structure to create
> HTML/PHP forms in as few steps as possible for further development. I
> have a project that has hundreds of tables and requires hundreds of
> forms to be created and don't want to do so field by field by hand.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben
>
> On Tuesday, October 27, 2009, Allen McCabe <allenmccabe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Please explain with much greater detail.
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 6:12 PM, benc11@xxxxxxxxx <benc11@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Does anyone have a quick way of converting tables into forms?
> >
> > --
> > The content of this e-mail message and any attachments are
> > confidential and may be legally privileged, intended solely for the
> > addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any
> > use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is
> > strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please
> > notify the sender immediately by reply email and destroy the message
> > and its attachments.
> >

> --
> The content of this e-mail message and any attachments are
> confidential and may be legally privileged, intended solely for the
> addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any
> use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is
> strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please
> notify the sender immediately by reply email and destroy the message
> and its attachments.

There is still the issue of exactly what db fields will translate into.
Where is a good time to use radio buttons instead of select lists, or
checkboxes instead of select-multiple lists? What about text fields in
the db? Should they be textareas or text inputs? Do all the db fields
need to be translated as visible fields? Should you hide ID fields?

There are so many questions, that you might be better off rolling your
own, as a one-size-fits-all will not always work for everyone.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk