RE: How to Delete the parent node, and child nodes/leafs for a db/tbl in php

hi ash...

thanks for getting back to me.

my situation isn't that complex, but i'm looking for an efficient method.

i've got a start tbl
 universityTBL

the universityTBL can have either
 schoolTBL, or
 deptTBL
as the next child tbl

 the schoolTBL will have
 deptTBL
 as the child tbl

 the deptTBL wil have
 classTBL
 as the childTBL...

to get around some of the headaches of this approach, i maintain
 a mapTBL where i have the parent_uuid,child_uuid as entries
 	mapTBL
	-parent_uuid
	-child_uuid

so my issue is that if i have a given parent_uuid, that i want to
 delete, as well as the associated leaf/nodes of the parent..
 how can this be accomplished?

you can't just start to delete the parent_uuid, as you completely miss
 the underlying/associated nodes/leafs for the parent_uuid...

thoughts/comments/etc...