Spry, XML, PHP and XSLT Hell

Okey Doke,

I'll try and be brief,
Well, my client agreed to a small online store that would hold the same stock items where only the quantities would differ, we agreed that, due to infrequent changes, I would make pages for any new items, and she would control stock etc using an e-shopping package I bought.

The site also has a page of Returned items, this takes the form of a Spry list, which uses an XML list of clothing and their properties.
 It all worked great.

Yesterday my client said she wanted the ability to add, remove, edit new products by herself, eek! I thought about implementing another list similar to the returned items page, but I learned that XML will turn HTML elements like < and > into &lt; and &gt;

Then someone on this wonderful mailing list mentioned that HTML can be stored in XML using XSLT.

I suppose my question is, to what extend can XSLT decorate and display an XML file, can I add style sheets and rollovers, can I control the cacheing so that users wont need to empty their cache to see changed results ? Does it all work fine with PHP when I "include" it in a file ?

Sorry if this is a bit weird, but I'm bricking myself with this one, and I would just like to hear some voices from people who have been there and bought the t shirt,

Cheers folks!

Matt.