Re: Self-Process php forms or not?

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 13:55 +0530, kranthi wrote:
> and yes i forgot to mention... i avoid hidden form elements because
> they can be modified very easily and hence pose a security threat.

You say you don't use hidden fields because they can be modified too
easily, yet you say you check for the submit button? Which out of the
two do you do, as last time I checked, modifying one form field is as
easy as changing any other!

Also worth noting, you can only successfully check for the name="submit"
value if there is only one submit button in your form, as that is then
the default (and only) submit that the form can use, so it uses that. If
you have more than one submit button (and this includes image input
elements) then using the keyboard will use the first submit field it
finds I believe.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk