Re: ie6 "memory could not be read" help!

On Thu, 2009-09-17 at 20:56 +0200, Ralph Deffke wrote:
> Yes, there is A LOT.
>
> to make u aware that this is the last version be able to run under windows
> 2000. windows 2000 however is the last professional version of windows made
> by microsoft. I don't know any bigger company using other os. All banks,
> stock traders (wall street etc.) are still using 2k. Microsoft wanted in
> 2005 to stopp maintaining 2k but still until today they improving the os.
>
> preventing IE6 from viewing ur sites is cutting away all professional window
> users.
>
> ralph_deffke@xxxxxxxx
>
> ""HallMarc Websites"" <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Wow. IMHO that is a really bad stance to take on IE 6. Most offices still
> > have IE 6 for whatever reason. If you block them then you are blocking
> > possible clients. There is still a large percentage that still use it.
> >

> > Thank you,
> > Marc Hall
> > HallMarc Websites
> > 610.446.3346

I'd go to say that for general websites, things like the failed PNG
transparency issue in IE6 can be ignored. Yes, your sites will look a
bit rubbish in the browser if you use a lot of transparent PNGs for
visual effects, but it will remain functional. That is not so if your
site relies too heavily on some functions of Javascript. At the end of
the day, stats are meaningless unless they apply to your own site.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk