Performance of while(true) loop

Hey list,

I have a php cli script that listens on a UDP socket and, when data is
sent to the socket, the script inserts it into a database. I'm using
the real BSD socket functions, not fsock.

The script runs socket_create(), then socket_bind(). Then it starts a
while(TRUE) loop. Within the loop, it runs socket_recvfrom(). I have
it running 24/7 inside a screen window.

I'm curious as to the cpu/memory/etc usage of a while(true) loop. The
`top` command shows that the process is in the sbwait state (the OS is
FreeBSD). I'm contemplating adding a usleep or even a sleep inside to
loop. Would this be beneficial? I'm not too sure of how the internals
of PHP work in terms of loops and such.

Thanks.