Displaying image paths with spaces

Hey all,

I have a CMS system that uses the FCKeditor to allow users to create directories in which to store images. FCK allows users to create directories with spaces in them, and it's pretty deep in the JavaScript code so modifying that is not a simple option, so at this point I'm trying to work from the assumption that the users will continue to be allowed to create directory names with spaces.

All that said, the CMS outputs data in two ways. I'll start with the second method because it works and then move on to the problem.

What the user has created in the FCKeditor is a path to an image that appears like this:

src="/clients/client_118/images//Event%20images/Show%20ads/catspaw1compressed.jpg"

Notice the '%20' codes for the spaces in the directory names like 'Event images' and 'Show ads'.

The first way the code is displayed is with an AJAX call. It's read on the PHP side, echo'd back out to the JavaScript code and inserted into an ID with an innerHTML assignment. This method works.

The first way the code is loaded is pure PHP. It's read from the database just as it appears above and then echo'd back to the browser. However, in the browser it appears like this:

/clients/client_118/images//Event\ images/Show\ ads/catspaw1compressed.jpg

And of course the browser can't display the image with those '\ ' combinations.

So my task is to get it to display the image properly on the pure PHP side the same way it does via the AJAX call.

I should also say that the code the image path resides in contains a text, etc, so it's a block of content, containing both text and image paths.

Is there a way to read and echo this on the PHP side and preserve a properly displayable path like the AJAX call, but that also won't interfere with the rest of the HTML and text code contained within the block of content?

I'm stumped on this one, so any help would be greatly, wonderfully, blissfully even....... appreciated.

Thanks,
Skip
--
Skip Evans