RE: Searching on AlphaNumeric Content Only

> Even if the REGEXP has to change with every query?

Ben, it does not matter, this is not a PHP problem but a DB structure/select/insert/update problem.
Whatever REGEXP you use, a REGEXP is what you need to solve this problem, certainly not a PHP loop over each row with operations for each rows.

These things are OK if you do not know REGEXP or REGEXP MySQL syntax, but in this case you should ask for the correct REGEXP rather than talk about performances, obviously slower outside MySQL and via a runtime interpreted language as PHP is, or other solutions which aim is to end up with something that just emulate a select with REGEXP.

Did you get my point? Finally, when I say "you" I mean generally speaking :)

Regards

http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/products/photo-gallery-edit.aspx