Just a tip from one of your peers

I want this to come across in the nicest way possible. Please I mean no harm by my following statements. And if you decide to hate me and never to respond to one of my posts again, well, that is your choice.

<rant title="To all the persons that hijack threads...">

I, and others too I'd expect, would appreciate it if you didn't take a response email from one thread and change the subject thinking you are created a new thread. Because you are not.

To those of us that use email clients or news readers that correctly display threads, things get lost in the mix of threads that get many levels deep.

The initial topic for the thread that I am referring to is as follows

Author		Thread
RRT		 PHP pages won't open correctly on my server.
David Stoltz	 How to output a NULL field?
David Stoltz	 Date Comparison
David Stoltz	 Date +30 comparison

Mind you that two of them were date related, but can anybody else see how things could get lost very quickly? I sure do.

After writing this, I guess it would be best to simply ask David to create a new email to the list each time that he has a different question.

</rant>

If you are in question now about how you should behave on this list, please refer here:

Jim Lucas