Re: Generic decorators and type hinting

> code.  Instead, just use interfaces.  The only real downside is that
> all the classes you want to decorate would need to implement them and
> that would cause a wee bit of ugliness in the code/class declaration.

Can you explain a bit more? As I understood the OP, the challenge was
to take a large, already-built code base that relies on Zend Framework
(which itself has 1600 classes), and wrap arbitrary existing methods
with timing logic -- without significant code changes.

As I understand your solution, it would require all pre-existing
classes to be modified to implement the iDecorator interface -- and
even then, pre-existing methods in those pre-existing classes would
not actually be affected. So those would have to be modified also.

But maybe I'm totally missing something?

Ben