Re: safe_mode and inclusion of files don't work as documented

2009/8/31 Nico Sabbi <nsabbi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Lars Torben Wilson ha scritto:
>> Hi Nico,
>>
>> First the obligatory "safe_mode is deprecated and not recommended"
>> speech. . .but I guess you've already seen that in the docs and
>> decided to use it anyway.
>>

> I read it, but I don't know if I have to interpret it as "php6 wil only
> work in safe mode" or "safe_mode is a bad idea" ;-)

Safe mode is a bad idea. :) It's not safe; it may only have the effect
of making you think you're safe. If you have a particular reason to
use it then maybe it's OK, but just be aware that it will not exist in
future versions of PHP and relying on it is not a good idea. Security,
unfortunately, is not as simple as toggling a configuration variable.

>> What does the script do if you turn off safe_mode?
>>

> it works perfectly

Can you post a simple script which demonstrates your problem (the
whole script, hopefully as short as you can make it) but which works
fine with safe_mode off? Also it would be helpful if you can include
the output of phpinfo() both with safe_mode on and with safe_mode off.

Regards,

Torben