Re: parse_ini_file problem

2009/8/26 Richard H Lee <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi all,
>
> I think I'm having a problem with parse_ini_file in php. I am using wamp on
> two machines. I'm installing a Digishop e-commerce package.
>
> The blah.ini.php file starts with
>
> ----------------
> <?php die ?>
>

> [SOMETITLE]
> some_setting="Ok, I Have Completed This Step"
> another_setting="Next"
> ..
> ..
> ..
> ----------------
>
> On one machine which uses php 5.2.5 it parses the file fine and installs
> properly
>
> But on another machine which use 5.3.0 i get the error
>
> Warning: parse error in blah.ini.php on line 1 in myparser.php on line 81
>
> On the 5.3.0 if I remove the <?php die ?> it works fine. But it still does
> not install the sofware properly.
>
> I get the feeling php on the 5.3.0 marchine is parsing the file differently
> to the 5.2.5. I doubt anything has changed between the versions. I also
> compared the phpinfos between the two setups but could not see anything
> outstanding.
>
> Have any of you guys seen this behaviour before?

My guess would be that on the 5.2.5 machine it's configured so it
doesn't show warnings. In both versions an INI file like would cause a
parse warning.

To get around it you should put a semicolon (;) at the start of the
<?php line. That will cause the INI parser to ignore that line as a
comment but if someone somehow manages to hit the file directly all
they'll see is the semicolon.

-Stuart

--
http://stut.net/