Re: Re: Re: Re: Design Patterns

NO NO NO

OOP is the best ever inventet !!!!!

see my comments on this list, I will also come up with an pure oop
opensource OMS very soon.

I just think a dam big pattern catalog like this one is like an elephant
chacing mice. I mean I can think of customers asking for a documentation of
course of the page u created for them calling the next day asking wher the
hell are the code for the page are documented in the 1000 pages of
documentation u had to give them.

I can think of two of my largest customers with their intranet application
with 23000 members and more then 50000 hits during working hours where I
startet sweating while figting for every 1ms.

I'm thinking of people with even more hits a day, they even dont start using
PHP
so I dont know if thats the right way to blow up with includes  and
thousands of classes.

Im complaining on the deepnes and breakdown of the single pattern I miss the
orientation on the real problem - outputting marup text

cheers
ralph_deffke@xxxxxxxx

"Jaime Jose Perera Merino" <jaimejperera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Ralph,

Sorry, I haven't understand your question.

Do you  think OOP isn't usefull for PHP? The PHP
task is just to output a text file but the process might involve
a lot of work: database access, communication with web services, etc.

Do you think duplicate code is better than use more memory?
What is your proposal?

I'm very interested in more opinions.

2009/8/13 Ralph Deffke <ralph_deffke@xxxxxxxx>

> Thanks Jaime,
>
> very nice, but I'm a programmer since 1982 and into OOP since 1988 with
the
> outcome if IBM's C++ compiler on the OS2 platform.
>
> Don't u think it could be reasonable to ask if such an overhead IN PHP is
> necessary?
>
> does anybody agree that PHP might be the wrong language to accomplish such
> designpattern. Specialy if I find classes about interpreting things.
>
> Don't u think to blow up a servers memonry just to have a nice little
> framework could be ask?
>
> Don't u think it makes sence to remember that PHP is just to output a
> simple
> text file?
>
> Has inbedween all the OOP ability everybody forgotten that this is the
> simple purpose?
>
> Are there anybody who understands that PHP is an INTERPRETING language and
> has anybody an idear what is the amount of code running to do a simple
>
> $something = new object();
>
> versus echo $something
>
> Design pattern are very good, standarizing even better. but would u agree
> that, out of Martins presented work, u can not see the how AND how fast
the
> code is created to output the header the head and body and all other tags.
>
> What I can see, the result will be a lot of code, lots of includes for a
> view bytes.
>
> For me, wrong language with unneccesary overhead.
>
> as i can see there must be some more folks out there thinking  a bit
> similar, or why is the feetback so relatively poor.
>
> and at least u create design pattern for a PURPOSE.
>
> so again for what pupose are this overhead in PHP
> As long as nobody tells me for what benefit this work is done I would say
> the design pattern should be done in other packages ready made for that
> with
> an PHP output.
>
> this would not affect any server resources.
>
> now after more then 25 years behind the keyboard I got possibly a bit
> thumb.
> lets open the discussion.
>
> ralph_deffke@xxxxxxxx
>

> "Jaime Jose Perera Merino" <jaimejperera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Hi Ralph.
> >
> > If u want to understand the Martin's job u need to read about
> > design patterns. A good place to start? Wikipedia (
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_Patterns).
> >
> > The use of Design patterns is an advanced programming method.
> > It helps us to improve our object oriented programation.
> >
> > I hope this helps you,
> >
> >      Jaime
> >

> --

Jaime J. Perera Merino
Aplicaciones Informáticas. Desarrollo y Formación
jaimejperera@xxxxxxxxx - 655460979