Re: "PHP 6 and MySQL 5 for Dynamic Web Sites" Book

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Ashley Sheridan<ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 20:16 +0100, Tony Marston wrote:
>> Don't be so pedantic. PHP 6 does not exist in a live, production-ready
>> version. It is still under development and has not even reached the beta
>> stage. Anyone who writes a book which documents the features of PHP 6 is
>> being very premature as those features may change at any moment. The
>> features will not be frozen until the first GA release.
>>
>> --
>> Tony Marston
>> http://www.tonymarston.net
>> http://www.radicore.org
>>
>> "Ashley Sheridan" <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Funny, that's not what the PHP site says:
>> >
>> > http://snaps.php.net/
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Ash
>> > http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk
>> >

> What I'm trying to say is that writing a book is not premature, as the
> feature list is likely not to change much, if at all. So what makes you
> think it is premature of the authors?
>
> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk
>

> --

I'd be surprised if the feature stays the same at all.  Just take a
look at http://wiki.php.net/summits/pdmnotesmay09 and see what they're
cooking up.  Like I said before, PHP6 isn't feature-complete, and I
don't suspect it's near it either, so it's definitely way premature to
write a book on PHP6 and silly to buy one.