Re: PHPBB Speed Issues

Ashley Sheridan wrote:
> I've optimised the images in the template, enabled the GZ compression,
> and it's only improved the speed by a mere fraction. I have noticed that
> the page itself doesn't display until after this delay, so I was
> guessing that I could maybe force the buffer to flush at key intervals
> to give the impression the pages are loading faster. Does anybody have
> any insights into this?

To bring things more on topic, why not rather have a discussion about
general scalability?

1. Cache as much as you can (everything)
2. Minimise HTTP requests
3. Use an opcode cache like APC
4. Use a RAM based cache system like memcacheD and give your db a breather
5. FINALLY, throw more hardware at it.

--
-- Paul

http://www.paulscott.za.net/