PHPBB Speed Issues

Hi Guys,

I know this is maybe a bit specific for the general list, but thought
I'd throw it out there anyway as I reckon a lot of you have had
experience with PHPBB at some point or another. We've got an existing
installation of the forum here, that's been active for a couple of years
and is fairly busy. The site itself is on a dedicated server, but we're
having some issues with the speed. Some pages are taking ≅7-8 seconds to
display.

I've optimised the images in the template, enabled the GZ compression,
and it's only improved the speed by a mere fraction. I have noticed that
the page itself doesn't display until after this delay, so I was
guessing that I could maybe force the buffer to flush at key intervals
to give the impression the pages are loading faster. Does anybody have
any insights into this?

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk