Re: Font problem

2009/7/28 Dušan Novaković <ndusan@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a possibility that if there is no font installed on client
> side somehow browser finds it and redirect that font form server to
> client machine. For example: I have site that use Microsoft font and
> that font is not available on Linux distributions. So when u open page
> in FF on some Linux u get some default font (because browser doesn't
> recognize that font). I hope that I've managed to explane a problem
> :-) Does anyone has any solution for this problem??? Please it's very
> urgent....

Not really, no. The choice of font is up to the user's browser.

However, you can, with CSS, set some basic parameters. If, say, you
want to ensure that the users sees a sans-serif font on their browser,
you can use:

font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif

This basically says, ensure that the browser uses arial; if arial
isn't available, use helvetica; if helvetica isn't available, use
verdana; and if verdana isn't available, use whatever sans-serif font
the user has installed on their computer.

Look up the font-family attribute for CSS on the web. There's too much
detail to go into and this is a PHP list, not a CSS list.

--
Richard S. Crawford (rscrawford@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.mossroot.com