Re: Re: Newbie: Composition by Association - Pagination Class general question.

""MEM"" <talofo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
000201ca0a9f$ca3fb110$5ebf1330$@com">news:000201ca0a9f$ca3fb110$5ebf1330$@com...
> > > As for (1) even in my pre-OO days I was used to using a single
> > > generic DAO for all database access. The only time that more
> > > than one DAO existed was for a different DBMS engine. This
> > > is why I have one DAO class for MySQL, one for PostgreSQL
> > > and another for Oracle. If you are incapable of writing  a
> > > single generic DAO then it just shows that you still have a lot to
> > > learn. For an idea on how this works take a look at
> > > http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/databaseobjects.html

> Before I dig in on this DAO, I'm wondering, where should I, and how could
> I,
> properly place a JOIN on this kind of pattern? Is it easy done or, on a
> JOIN
> scenario (and I will have a lot of them) I choose probably choose another
> pattern?
>
> Regards,
> Márcio

Adding a JOIN to the SQL statement which is generated by the framework is
very easy, as shown in my FAQ at
http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/infrastructure-faq.html#faq08. You have
two choices where you can place the code:
(1) In the component script.
(2) In the table class, as shown in
http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/infrastructure-faq.html#faq84

--