Re: PHP and FoxPro

Paul,
Believe me I would like nothing more that to get rid of FoxPro and convert it to MySQL. Sadly, that's not possible right now. I'll check into dBase.

Thanks!
Floyd

On Jul 19, 2009, at 4:53 PM, Paul M Foster wrote:

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 09:00:49AM -0400, Floyd Resler wrote:

We currently use the Easysoft ODBC Bridge to connect to a remote
FoxPro database.  The problem is that the bridge, after a while,
starts consuming a ton of system resources and we have to reboot the
machine.  Afterwards, it can take upwards to two hours before
everything is running quickly again.  We need another solution.  Does
anyone know of a any other way to connect to a remote FoxPro database
(or any ODBC source that isn't a database server)?

No way to convert the FoxPro to PostgreSQL or MySQL? FoxPro is ancient
and decrepit (I used to code in FoxPro).

There is a dBase module for PHP. I don't know if it handles generic
xBase files. I don't know much about the module, but you could check it
out.

Paul
--
Paul M. Foster