PHP and FoxPro

We currently use the Easysoft ODBC Bridge to connect to a remote FoxPro database. The problem is that the bridge, after a while, starts consuming a ton of system resources and we have to reboot the machine. Afterwards, it can take upwards to two hours before everything is running quickly again. We need another solution. Does anyone know of a any other way to connect to a remote FoxPro database (or any ODBC source that isn't a database server)?

Thanks!
Floyd