Re: phpscriptor.com

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 2:39 AM, Reese<howell.r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Paul M Foster wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 08:14:35AM -0700, PHPScriptor wrote:
>>
>>> Ok this may look like spam but what the hell...
>>>
>>> I'm the owner of phpscriptor.com, I had bigg plans with this domainname
>>> but... well yes, no time. So I'm selling it. I don't want to make profit
>>> out
>>> of it. So for, lets say 200 dollar, you can have to domainname. And if
>>> you
>>> want, you get the website free with it.
>
> Why am I reminded of the Vincent D'Onofrio "Edgar"-cum-cochroach
> character when I read those lines above? I found myself adopting
> the cochroach accent as I read the first line. Seriously.
>
>> You don't want to make a profit, yet you're selling it for $200? Those
>> two statements are contradictory.
>
> He has a lot of mouths to feed. Plus if he's been sitting on it,
> the $200 might let him break even.
>
> I've learned that much, eh?
>
> SL

According to WHOIS, he registered the domain name in December 2007,
renewed in 2008, it will currently expire December 2009 if not
renewed.  The site had its first news item published in July 2008, six
months after registering the domain name.  The longest he's possibly
had a hosting plan (just assuming he got it with the domain) is about
1 1/2 years.  If he had any sense when he was shopping for hosting
plans and domain registration, he couldn't have spent more than $120
so far.  If he's buying hosting by the year, maybe $160.  At minimum
he's making $40 profit on the capital.  Even if you get the website,
its nothing special to search engines, doesn't stand out visually or
content-wise, and I doubt it gets much traffic yet.  I'd only want the
domain name, and I'd still feel cheated at half the price.  There's a
lot of work left to make something out of phpscriptor.com.