Re: Re: How to authnticate and use contents from ${HOME}

On Saturday 11 July 2009 15:57:30 schneider.chantale@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello Carl,
>
> > PHP may not be the thing to do this.. because it sounds like you want
> > the users to chroot to ${HOME}  which php especially on a vhost does not
> > do.
>
> It is not a VHost.  It is a full blown machine.
>
> with apache2, php5, libapache2-mod-suphp, courier-imap/mta
>
> > If you want users to access an nfs or ftp I would use either samba or
>
> Windows?  Me?  --  It is already enough, if I have to use it @school.
>
> > vsftp or some other scp/ftp software.
>
> Ehm no, this require a second computer whith such tools installed...
>
> I like to connect the <intranet> server to my ADSL line and then
> access it from everywhere in the world.
>
> Chantale
>

> #adBox3 {display:none;}

This really seems like you would be best off doing this with a simple SSH
connection. I see you use Linux, so that makes things easier. You can
manipulate files as if they were in your local file system with KDE IO slaves
(assuming you use the KDE window manager of course). This pretty much lets
you do what you want. You can even run program on the remote machine with
the -X parameter of the ssh command.

--
Thanks,
Ash