Re: mysterious " f " character appearing. Why??

On Jul 9, 2009, at 5:50 PM, Govinda <govinda.webdnatalk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The atmosphere is weird now so you all may think I am out there. . but this is a sincere question-
(and not due to dumb oversight of my HTML code)

I have a mysterious "f" character (Yes, just the letter " f " ) appearing in my HTML between these two seemingly benign HTMl tags:
My source file literally has only this in it:

but what i am getting in the browser is this (as seen in firebug):

The really weird thing is that when I view source in firefox (v. 3.0.11) (mac), I see only this:

Note that there is no other <table> in the file, so I know I am looking at the right place.

I have no reason to think this is a PHP issue other than I have never seen anything like this and I am not doing anything other than very simple straightforward HTML and PHP. There is no PHP at that point in the file.. and no errors or problems where the PHP does lay, but what could be causing this?

???

Damn it, I hate it when things get f'd up.  ;-)

Bastien

Sent from my iPod