Re: php distributed file system

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 1:10 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sounds a lot like glusterfs.  http://www.gluster.org/

yep,  it is similar, except I am not aiming to be all that comprehensive of
a file system.  I really want to create something extremely robust, that can
be used in web apps and that will take just a few minutes for even a php
novice to get going. I know this is possible to achieve.

phpdfs is really no different than a standard php web app, probably easier
than most.  there are only a couple little classes and the configuration is
simple.  another thing is all of the code and technologies that phpdfs is
built upon are very very familiar to the php community already.  just php
and your favorite flavor of web server and away you go.

thanks for the note,

-Shane