Re: Host that allows edit of php.ini

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 04:27, Matthew Croud<matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Apologies if this type of question is frowned upon in the mailing list,
> however I would like to pop the question to those in the know.
>
> Can anyone recommend a UK host that allows you to edit ( or a copy of ) the
> php.ini file,
> allowing me to increase the file upload size to 100mb for clients PDF
> artwork files.
> I wish to create an upload site for my print firm.

    The servers we have in the UK right now are nearing the limits of
what we'll sell on them before it'll impact the folks on those
servers, but if you don't mind a US- or Canadian-based server, you can
hook up through us at http://pilotpig.net/, and you'll have almost
full control over your local PHP.

    That said, see if your current host is configured to allow you to
do an .htaccess or local php.ini override on some of the settings.
You may find that you don't need to go through the hassle of
relocation after all.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx || danbrown@xxxxxxx