Re: Function parameter passed by reference with default value to null

2009/7/6 Lupus Michaelis <mickael+php@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> David Otton a écrit :
>
>> So there's some serious impedance mismatch going on there to make both
>> features to work together. Just think of the default value as
>> "something I can overwrite", eg:
>
>  Thanks for this smart explanation. It shines my day.

np. On reflection, it seems to me that if they were dead-set on
default values for pass-by-reference variables, they should have
dropped the restriction on passing literals by reference at the same
time, and just thrown away the result as happens with default values.
Oh well, it's not my language design.