Re: memcache and security

Michael A. Peters wrote:
I'm looking into caching technologies.
memcache looks straight forward, but seems to lack any security, which seems to indicate it should not be used with shared hosting where another user could read or alter the objects.

Is there any way to at least do hostname based authentication with memcache? I suppose that would be too easy to fake.

Any other object caching systems with better security?

Or am I completely mis-understanding memcache and this isn't an issue?

Looks like APC may actually be more suited to my needs anyway (single host, small objects), but looks like it has similar issue.