Re: Socket error

2009/6/29 Daniel Brown <danbrown@xxxxxxx>

> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 02:42, Luke<luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hey guys, getting an odd error here... The code involved:
> [snip!]
>
>    Luke,
>
>    Just a friendly reminder: for future reference, please don't start
> a second thread on the list until the first is closed out ---
> particularly if it's the same subject.  Sometimes responses to
> questions - particularly in the middle of a Sunday night - will take
> some time, but someone will eventually reply.
>
> --
> </Daniel P. Brown>
> daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx || danbrown@xxxxxxx
> http://www.parasane.net/ || http://www.pilotpig.net/
> Ask me about our fully-managed servers and proactive management
> clusters starting at just $200/mo.!
>
> --

Ah, that wasn't impatience, I have two email addresses and was unsure which
were allowed to post to the list but apparently it's both! Sorry about that.

In relation to the question, the answer was indeed to change to
socket_create, the following code works fine:

                        $master_socket = socket_create(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM,
0);
                        socket_bind($master_socket, '127.0.0.1',
$this->port);
                        socket_listen($master_socket);
                        socket_set_option($master_socket, SOL_SOCKET,
SO_REUSEADDR, 1);
                        socket_set_nonblock($master_socket);

Thanks for the help =)

--