Does php have multithread, shared object(like jsp application)

Hi guys:

Now days I want to develop a web application like a chat room. the requests
per seconds maybe very large, so I want to save some common info into to
memory (quick access).

So, I want to know does php have the follow features or implement them in
other ways.
1. server scope objects, mostly like application in jsp.  // the most
important~
2. multithread synchronize.
3. I want to start a thread timed execute, like Timer in java

thanks
--
Best Regards!
Wen Dong