Re: Problems with APC, possible cache-corruption?

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 6:17 PM, James McLean <james.mclean@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Nathan Nobbe<quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 5:56 PM, James McLean <james.mclean@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > did you take a look at the size of the cache you created ?
>
> Yes. Tried multiple segments and single, with cache size values
> between 128mb and 256mb. Also tried with stat on and off.
>
> > also, arent you planning to cache php opcodes, so if you load up the
> page, index.html, i
> > would expect to see a bunch of php files mentioned in the apc cache..
>
> Well, index.html wouldn't be cached because it's not parsed by the PHP
> engine. But yes, if it were index.php for example each compiled PHP
> file is then cached in the opcode cache - include files and
> everything. This is how it works on every other APC installation i've
> tried :)
>
> This installation is not doing that, even though this is the default
> behaviour.
>
> > if apc has support for output caching, ive not yet used it so im not sure
> how
> > much i could help there (sort of sounds like youre shooting for output
> > caching the way you describe things above).
>
> No, i'm not looking for output caching. Apologies if my original email
> was poorly worded.
>
> > maybe you  could dump out your ini settings for apc and share them here?
>
> No need. they're all default as reccomended by PHP and APC.

hmm, 2 other thoughts i have..

. long shot, but do you have apc.php installed on a diff domain than the
moodle app (not sure but i suspect apc.php only shows cached values for the
domain in which its currently running (i know this is something eaccelerator
does).

. as a test, perhaps setup a simple test site, w/ 2 files, apc.php and one
index.php file on this rhel box.  if things are working (index.php cached w/
apc.php), it would seem something goofy is going on indside the moodle app.

-nathan