Re: Re: isset question

Martin Scotta wrote:
error_reporting( E_ALL | E_STRICT );

if you want to be extremely sure about your app (only in develop)
Actually, I use error_reporting(E_ALL) while developing
:-)

Afan

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 5:04 PM, LAMP <lamp@xxxxxxxx <mailto:lamp@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Gary wrote:

        This is what I have now and it works. I do know that on the
        second line I have $_POST['mort']}\n" : " "; in the second
        half. I'm not sure I understand the comment about use the
        !empty if you dont care about PHP.
    " if you don't care about PHP Notice... "

    eror_reporting:
    http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.error-reporting.php
    http://us.php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.constants.php#errorfunc.constants.errorlevels.e-notice

    put error_reporting(E_ALL) on the begining of you page you will
    get errors, warnings and notices - if any.
    errors and warnings stop the execution of the code. notice not.
    notices are usually about not defined variables before you started
    to use them.

    if you put error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE) it will not bother
    you. but I like to do everything "correctly". :-)

    afan

        But this is working, and unless someone sees a problem with
        it, I will leave it as is.

        Thank you to everyone for helping.

        Gary

        $msg.=  !empty($_POST['purchprice']) ? "If this information is
        completed, it is a new purchase.\n The Purchase Price is
         $purchprice\n" : " ";
        $msg.=  !empty($_POST['mort']) ? "The mortgage amount is
        {$_POST['mort']}\n" : " ";
        $msg.=  !empty($_POST['howlong']) ? "The sellers have owned
        the property for $howlong\n\n\n" : " ";

        $msg.=  !empty($_POST['mortgage']) ? "If this information is
        completed, it is a refinance.\nThe mortgage amount  is
         $mortgage\n" : " ";
        $msg.=  !empty($_POST['purdate']) ? "The property was
        originally purchased on  $purdate\n" : " ";
        $msg.=  !empty($_POST['datefin']) ? "The property was last
        financed $datefin\n" : " ";

        ""Gary"" <gwpaul@xxxxxxx <mailto:gwpaul@xxxxxxx>> wrote in
        message news:EA.E8.08167.6AC8A3A4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            I have a form that gives the submitter a choice or either
            one set of questions, or another. I am still getting the
            message even if the input was left blank.  So on the line
            below,

            $msg.=  isset($_POST['mort']) ? "The mortgage amount is
             $mort\n" : " ";

            I get

            The mortgage amount is

            What am I missing here?