Re: how to manage permissions for file uploader

> But, if I move the directory a level up, not accessable from outside - how
> can read the image since it's not accessable fro outside? I can't
> inlcude() the image?

You need to do something simmaler to reading files stored in a database,
which is described here:
http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/wikis/mysql-tutorials/uploading-files-to-mysql-database.aspx

bit instead of reading the data from the DB, read if from the file using
fopen() and fread(). you may need to read the file in chunks to prevent
running out of RAM, depending on how big the spasific file is.